Monday, July 11, 2011

Pilot

 
“Oh, is it time already?... Hi, you must be one of the invitees. My name is Vanessa and I welcome you to the pilot episode of ‘The Spotlight’.
This special day, we have a lot of new things to share with you. A new show… a new author and a new story.

But before we get into that… I am happy to announce that this episode, being the first, has been sponsored by Anonymous. You heard right, Anonymous. Due to the sponsor’s lack of information, no add-breaks will be issued for this viewing.

Also, every invitee is automatically invited to the after-party at ‘Garden Variety’.  So please, remain in your seat after the show.

 
Okay, that having been said let’s welcome our guest for today.

After being asked to show some of her work, finally with some courage, she has decided to comply. Resources tell us that she has written quite a few stories, some may now actually reach the net.
You may have heard of her and seen her commenting on other people’s stories...
Please welcome, Jean-Marie!

Jean-Marie: Vanessa… Good to see you again… and thank you for having me!

Vanessa: Well, I told you I would fit you in nicely… and I thought how about the first episode… please, have a seat.

Jean-Marie: Wait, this is the first episode? That’s not very relieving… What if I’m boring and the ratings drop?

You won’t be boring! Besides, it’s the first episode, so people don't know what to expect and as for the ratings we'll know later. We’ll see the ratings at the after-party tonight. But for now, we’re here to talk about you. Tell us a little more about yourself… Are you married, any children?

Well, I’m currently studying for my BA (Bachelor of Arts) degree and I write a little in my free-time, which is almost never… but I seem to manage. I am not married and don’t have any children yet. It’s been pretty hectic with my studies in the last few days and I don’t think children, now, would improve the situation, so… I’m putting it off for a little bit longer.
I’m a vivid follower of a few stories on the net and I’ve written a few children’s books for my cousins.
Now with ‘Tamed’ I’ve decided to actively join the online writer’s community.

 
Vanessa: Was it a difficult task writing ‘Tamed’? Written entirely in English which, resources tell us, is your second language?

Third language actually. Our country itself has 2 languages, although many would argue and say the other one is just a dialect.

I wouldn’t say it was difficult writing in English, but for Raven’s manner of speech I had to look up quite a few words, since they aren’t what you hear in everyday life. Other than that… breezy. English comes so natural to me that people wonder if I was born in the wrong country.

 
Where did you learn your English then? And, by the way your third language. How many do you speak?

In school, but mostly from watching movies. From Old-English to the one spoken today.
I speak a total of 5 languages. The sixth I only understand now. I’m not fluent in speaking it yet, so it doesn’t count.

 
Vanessa: That’s pretty impressive! Can you share with us which languages you know and will we be seeing any of them in your story?

I speak Sranang Tongu (Literally translated ‘Surinamese tongue’) everyone in Suriname knows that one. Then there’s also Dutch (Primary language. We were a colony of the Netherlands), English, Spanish and Hindi. The one I understand, but don’t speak fluently, is Japanese. I know a few words, but there’s still much to be learned.

Will you be seeing any of them in my story? I want to keep my story as understandable as possible, to everyone, and almost every country can speak English, or at least understand it… But, yeah, I might throw in a different language once in a while. I’ll translate, so no worries!

About your story… What was the thought behind “Tamed”?

To tell you the truth, 'Tamed' came to me in a dream. Of course in the dream I was Marina and Raven was my Prince Charming.
We did have a lot of hurdles along the way as you will see as the story progresses with a little extra, because in my dreams he didn’t have the secret he carries in the story.

 Vanessa: A secret you say… That’s interesting. Was it difficult to find the right actors?

Jean-Marie: I would have to say no. Ian happens to be the cousin of my friend. She introduced us on her birthday two years ago. I remember quite boldly telling him that I thought he was the sexiest man I had ever seen.

Vanessa: You didn’t!!

 
I did… I think I was quite tipsy that day. I was totally embarrassed afterwards, but he was very amused by me and we hit it off very well. We became good friends. When I remembered him telling me he took a few acting classes, he was the first one I thought of when starting auditions for Raven. I had random people come in for the auditions to help me choose the most believable Raven and he delivered. He was chosen two out of the 3 rounds.

The auditions for Marina went smoother that I expected. Now that I had Raven at hand, I had to find a Marina that complimented him well. Or better yet, a person that complimented them to each other. When Victorya Martinez stepped in I noticed she had the look for Marina, but I was concerned about her being Spanish. The accent would not work for the character. Turns out she had no accent at all. I was sold. My Marina had been found.

Vanessa: Okay, you said something about a secret... Give us a little taste… what’s the story about? And where does it take place?


Jean-Marie: The story is about a young lady who finds an injured man on her doorstep. Who is this man? Where did he come from? Why was he injured in the first place? She may not be world’s nosiest person, but when something like that happens, one tends to wonder…

The location pretty much varies. We will be shooting most of the story here in Belladonna cove, but Marina has family in RiverBlossom Hills, so we’ll add that to the list. And Raven’s workplace and residence is in Pleasant View. The distance between these 3 places is a mere 15 min drive, so easily accessible, but we have some other places in mind too. Like I said… it varies.

Vanessa: I am loving this already!!


And I keep getting the signal to wrap it up, annoying really!!

I see, the wine has arrived... Jean-Marie, if you'll join me for the toast to end this first viewing of 'The Spotlight'.

Jean-Marie: I'd be honored to...

Vanessa: To the beginning of a wonderful show and a wonderful story!
Jean-Marie: May both of them prosper in the future!

Together: Cheers!

Vanessa: Jean-Marie, thank you for coming and I'll also be waiting for that story of yours. I hope we can talk some more at the party tonight... 

Jean-Marie: Absolutely, I might even give you some more details on Ian...

Vanessa: Oh, now I definitely can't wait for tonight...

Vanessa: We'll air the after-party as soon as possible!  Invitees: Await further instructions... the limo has arrived.
 Bye everyone! See you next time in another episode of 'The Spotlight'
This time with TWO 'Tamed' stars. Which ones? Look for updates!! Bye!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 


NOTE:
If you like this TV show where you get an inside look at various Characters...

Check out 'The Chair' by Author Valpre
(You might want to read 'Fallen' first, or you'll have no idea what they're talking about)

Why am I mentioning her name?
Because:
- No one will believe me when I say that this was an idea I had 2 years ago... before I knew anything about blogger or had the idea to start posting.
- She was the first, I came across, to post something like this.
- No one should call me a thief, when I'm not! We just happened to come across the same idea, but she was here first.

I stumbled across her show a month or 2 ago while reading another story. First reaction was "Dammit! Now I'm gonna look like a Copy-Cat"  ~LOL~... and I didn't want to put mine up anymore. Scrap the idea completely... But then I thought I'll put it up anyway. Add my own flavor to it, make this one my own. (Still working that out...)

So that's why I decided to mention her name. I respect her as an author and I love her stories. She was (still is) my first follower and I thank her for that. (Although I get the feeling it was to check if I stole her stuff! No hard feelings though! *Giggles*)

So I really recommend you looking up her show... I've had some laughs reading it and I hope you do too!

2 comments:

  1. LOL. I laughed at this.

    Seriously, no hard feelings and I don't think you are a thief at all and I'm not following you to suss you out and call you thief.

    I was happy to have one more follower and when I clicked on your name, it took me to your blog.

    If anyone calls you a thief, let me know, I'll b*tch slap them for you.

    And back to the interview. I loved it. You've made me so eager to check out Tamed. Where's the link?

    Also, I don't mind you linking up The Chair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Val
    Feeew... I'm glad you think so!
    LOL at the b*tch slap bit!

    Tamed has not been put up yet! I've left that for after the exams.
    Since it's the main storyline I didn't want to post halfway to then have to stop! It breaks my heart to even think about it.

    With Tamed I want to post on a regular basis, so that's why 'The Spotlight' made its debut first.

    As to linking to The Chair...I'll do it right now :)

    ReplyDelete